Portfield School PDG Statement
The Pupil Deprivation Grant is allocated to schools with pupils who come from low income families and are currently known to be eligible for free school meals (eFSM) and pupils who have been looked after continuously for more than 6 months (LAC). School are expected to make the beat use of this funding to implement sustainable strategies that will quickly bring about changes for learners eligible for free school meals or who are LAC. As a school we have agreed to do the following:
- to identify the target group of pupils, their characteristics and their needs.
- to plan interventions which make the most effective use of resources.
- to monitor and evaluate the impact of resources.
In 2014 -15 Portfield School was provided with a PDFG allocation of £33,966. Portfield School has a comprehensive plan, agreed and monitored by Pembrokeshire Local Authority and EWR, to promote pupil progress and remove barriers to learning for pupils eligible for this funding. We have used the funding to:
- provide intervention and support programmes that are proven to have the greatest impact, including Accelerated Literacy, Numicon intervention programmes and thinking skills support.
- to purchase new resources for the targeted group.
Spending Plan 2017-18
Spending Plan 2016-17
Spending Plan 2015-16
Spending Plan 2014-15