Portfield School PDG Statement
The Pupil Development Grant (PDG) is allocated to schools with pupils of statutory school age who come from low income families and are currently known to be eligible for free school meals (eFSM). The school also receives a grant to support pupils in Early Years. The school is expected to make the best use of this funding to implement sustainable strategies that will quickly bring about changes for learners eligible for free school meals. As a school we have agreed to do the following:
- to identify the target group of pupils, their characteristics and their needs.
- to plan interventions which make the most effective use of resources.
- to monitor and evaluate the impact of resources.
In 2018/2019, Portfield Special School was provided with a PDG allocation of £39,100 and a grant of £3500 for use in Early Years. The school has a comprehensive plan to promote pupil progress and remove barriers to learning for pupils eligible for this funding. We have used the funding to:
- provide intervention and support programmes that are proven to have the greatest impact for our learners.
- to purchase new learning resources for the targeted group.
- to train staff to extend the range of learning experiences and opportunities for our pupils.
- to enable staff to attend professional development opportunities.